Visit NAPS2's home page at www.naps2.com.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. Requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
NAPS2 is currently available in over 30 different languages. Want to see NAPS2 in your preferred language? Help translate! See the wiki for more details.
This is a fork of the NAPS project with many improvements.
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners
- Scan as many pages as you like from glass or ADF, including duplex support
- Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned pages
- Save as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file formats
- Directly email PDFs
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable
- Import, merge, and edit PDFs
- Configure brightness, contrast, resolution, and other scan options
- Save your configurations as profiles to be easily reused later
- Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
- MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment
- Portable archives available
- Translations: English, Bokmål, Català, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti keel, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Lietuvių kalba, Limba Română, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Shqip, Slovenčina, Srpski, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe, Ελληνικά, български, Српски, Українська, עברית, العَرَبِية, فارسى, हिन्दी, 한국어, 台語 台灣話
- Small download (<2MB)
Follow NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
I about had a software orgasm! This is the most beautiful software I have seen since about 1995. There are only like 3 buttons on a super clean interface, and all the buttons, intuitive, do what you want them to do. You hit scan, it scans - no 'please load TWAIN API driver blah blah'. No ads, no java crap, no bloatware, no 100 MB download, etc. It JUST WORKED! I am sure if I beat around on it I might find something I don't like about it, but when was the last time you saw something that would fit on a FLOPPY DISK do all this cool stuff??? I registered an account here just to rate this tool. PS: if you like Windows 10, you will not like this. It is too easy to use and it doesn't have an Aero interface.
Very useful software. You can scan a document into PDF and send it right now via email. No Photoshop-like job required.
Best scan software out there. OFFTOPIC: It still need some management in the tickets. There are tickers that are still open even if they are solved.
Amazing software! Uses any TWAIN scanner, saves pages visually in suspension so you can do things like rotate, reverse order of groups, change color depth, etc. and does OCR when chosen when saving, so scanning is very fast. I can scan a magazine beginning to end in about 20 minutes on a sheet feeding scanner, including the OCR.
A simple but effective tool to create PDF files from scanned documents. Its one of the first tools I install on a new computer. Its a must have application.